Miscellaneous topics- Fatawa- Miscellanous topics- Current issues- Fatwa 4: Can I go to a Western country for study and stay with a Muslim family there?



 Dear Dr. Nabulsi

 I want to travel to a Western country to complete my post-graduate study. Can I stay with a Muslim family there as I have no husband or mahram to go with me?

 Thank you


A Muslim woman cannot travel or live there except with her husband or a mahram (a brother, father...).

 Best regards